I was shocked when I read that the dying words of 67 year old David Cassidy were ‘So much wasted time‘. They jumped off the screen at me and landed straight in my heart. It really made me stop and think about how time seems to be passing faster and faster (or maybe it’s just an age thing!)
So instead of feeling fed-up and bemoaning the passing of time, I decided that 2018 would be the year of ‘No wasted time’. As the Christmas/ New Year period is a really good time to take stock, that’s what I did. I tend to like to have a structure to focus my thinking and I thought I’d share with you my 12 R’s formula in case it’s helpful.
How to Focus Your Mind and Avoid Wasting Precious Time
1. Reflect. How’s it been?
2. Review. Has it been the way you wanted?
3. Revise. How could it have been different? What could you have done differently?
4. Re-assess. Get clear what you want.
5. Refresh. What would bring new energy?
6. Renew. Set some new intentions.
7. Rejuvenate. Decide to do something new and different.
8. Revive. Dust your enthusiasm so that it sparkles again.
9. Rejoice. Give thanks for how fortunate you are.
10. Remember. You have the ability to change things; maybe just your thinking!
11. Realign. Understand your WHY and bigger purpose.
12. Reignite. Breathe the breath of life deeply and feel the spark within.
And of course if you were Dr. Who you could totally regenerate!! But for most of us mere mortals our options are more down-to-earth and include making new decisions and choices, then taking the action needed to create the outcomes we want.
Happy New Year to you.
May it be everything you want it to be and then some. If you need help, support or mentoring with anything relating to confidence, communication or relationships, do get in touch.
Leave a Reply